Whether you are looking for a protein packed meal after a hard fought workout, or are in need of a quick meal at any point in the day, try this protein filled spinach and orange smoothie from Jessica Torres at Savvy Sassy Mom’s.
• 1 navel orange, peeled
• 1/2 banana, peeled
• 1 cup tightly packed organic spinach
• 1/4 cup coconut water, adjusted as desired
• 1 tablespoon hemp or chia seeds, optional
• Add all ingredients to a blender with a few ice cubes and blend on high to combine.
• Add more coconut water as desired to reach desired consistency for smoothie.
• Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Having spinach as a main ingredient in this smoothie allows you to gain various nutrients and antioxidants that support a healthy lifestyle and may help mental function. Spinach health benefits run deep with this smoothie, as this leafy green is one of the best sources of dietary potassium and magnesium – two important electrolytes that support heart health. Give this smoothie a try and let us help you find new ways to stay healthy!